ATO Business Portal access
- The ATO has a number of online services.
- Use the Business Portal for important business tasks
- Information available 24/7
The ATO provides a number of online services to help manage your tax affairs. Setting up your Business Portal access will give you more control of your ATO accounts and lodgements. You can use online services for most of your business interactions such as;
- view, prepare, lodge and revise activity statements
- view, prepare, lodge and revise your taxable payments annual report
- create payment plans
- switch between your businesses with a single log in
- view statements of account and find your payment reference number (PRN)
- manage your accounts and update your tax registration details (for example, add or cancel a role)
- view your Single Touch Payroll reports
- register for goods and services tax (GST) and pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- request stapled super fund details for new employees
- for SMSF auditors, prepare and lodge Auditor contravention reports (ACR) and Audit Complete Advices (ACA), including bulk ACA lodgment
- SMSF trustees can lodge an SMSF regulatory disclosure form, request SMSF specific advice, and lodge an amendment
- access secure mail subjects
- access the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
- view and print tax returns and income tax history (if you are a sole trader, continue to use ATO Online)
- customise your home page.
- see an overview of your account balances and outstanding or upcoming lodgements
plus much more.
How do you access the ATO Business Portal?
To access the Business Portal, you need to set up your myGovID and link it to your business in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). You can get started in two simple steps;
Step 1: Set up your myGovID
- Download the myGovID app, available from the App Store or Google Play
- Set up your myGovID by entering your full name, date of birth, and email address (use an email address that belongs to you only and is not shared, for example, your personal email address).
- Add two Australian identity documents – for example, your passport or driver’s licence and Medicare card.
For support on setting up your myGovID visit myGovID Help
Step 2: Log into RAM using your myGovID and link your business
- You must be the principal authority (business owner or listed on the ABR as a Director or Public Officer) to link your business’s ABN to your myGovID.
- Go to your web browser (this can be done on your computer), log into RAM using your myGovID at Login RAM
- Select Link my business to find your business (or businesses) and add the required information.
- For support on linking your business in RAM visit How do I set up in RAM
Tip: Before you link your business, check your details and that individual associates listed on the ABR are up to date so RAM can use the correct information.
You’ve finished setting up!
You can now use your myGovID to access the ATO online services. When logging in to the Business Portal, select ‘Login with myGovID’ and enter your myGovID email address and use the myGovID app to verify it’s you. You can now use RAM if you need to add or manage your authorisations. For example, to authorise a new employee to access the Business Portal.
Access the Business Portal here – ATO Business Portal Login
Can an accountant help a business get access to the ATO Business Portal?
If you need help getting access to the ATO Business Portal or are unsure how to use all the available services, then one of our tax accountants can help you. Instead of trying to figure it out yourself you can receive expert guidance and training to use the portal with confidence. Our tax accountants have been using the various ATO online systems for many, many years.